Ammonia Smell of Female. Even a person that does not have acute and chronic diseases of internal organs and systems, the urine has a specific, and on what does not like the smell. In the normal functioning of the body, as well as adequate fluid intake, derived from the bladder a sterile solution of organic and chemical elements.
The appearance of the specific ammoniacal odour of urine in women of different ages, indicating excessive accumulation of ammonium phosphate in the body, showing the development of severe disease.
Besides sharp appearance peculiar smell, urine may contain elements of pus, blood, mucus and epithelium and particles. Along with the sense of smell of ammonia, some women may experience itching and burning that is associated with irritation when urinating mucosa external genitalia.
- 1 Causes
- 2 Treatment
Serve as the reasons of the ammonia smell of urine can be with different pathological conditions and circumstances not related to the dysfunction of organs and systems.
Low water consumption
Reducing the daily consumption of drinking water causes an increase in urine concentration of various chemical elements, including ammonia. Fix this position is very easy, as it requires just drink more water.
Increased protein intake
The primary product of protein digestion in the body is hydrogen nitride, which is excreted through the kidneys, thus giving the urine a characteristic smell of ammonia. To correct this condition, the woman is necessary to revise your daily diet, with particular emphasis on foods rich in animal protein (meat, eggs, hard cheese).
Urinary tract infection is one of the leading causes of ammonia odour in women of different ages. The anatomical features of the structure of the genitourinary system in women contribute to a more rapid penetration of pathogens through the urethra into the bladder.
Age-related inhibition of the menstrual function in women is accompanied by a significant decrease in the content-estrogen hormone in the blood. One of the duties of this hormone is to increase the body’s resistance to various infections. The growth of pathogenic organisms in the vagina due to lower oestrogen concentrations may be the cause of the sharp ammonia smell of urine.
The gestation period
Women during pregnancy also significantly change the ratio of sex hormones in the body. Hormonal changes, in this case, makes the female body especially vulnerable to infections of the genitourinary system. In particular, the increase in the concentration of progesterone can cause narrowing of the lumen of the ureter, causing at the same time fluid retention in the kidneys. Besides room pressure exerted on the fruit of the bladder causes it to fluid stagnation and growth of pathogenic organisms. The problem disappears after birth without additional intervention.
Infectious-inflammatory kidney disease can have a significant impact on the primary functions of these bodies. Violation of the process of hydrogen and urea excretion is a potential cause of the sharp smell of ammonia from the urine.
The rapid growth of fungal or bacterial infection in the vaginal lumen can cause the development of vaginitis. The smell that occurs when this, the disease can resemble ammonia.
For the condition characterized by insufficient production of insulin, the hormone responsible for the penetration of glucose into the cell. Not having received the necessary glucose in the body starts the process of energy production from adipose tissue. The result of this process is a significant accumulation of decay products – ketones, excretion via the kidneys which causes the odor of urine.
Less common, but still likely cause of the ammonia smell of urine may be a hereditary metabolic disease, as well as sexually transmitted infections. Taking certain medications and vitamins (B6) also contributes to changing the chemical composition of the urine, thus changing its color and smell.
Before the treatment of this condition, the woman should undergo a detailed examination of the body to identify the actual cause of the odor.
If during the inspection found no violations on the part of the organs and systems that deal with such a state will help the following tips:
- The daily volume of fluid intake should be increased to 1.5 liters if the cause of the odor was the insufficient intake of water in the body;
- Women should also be careful to watch your diet, and avoid excessive consumption of foods rich in animal protein;
- If the odor is directly connected with the beginning of the reception of certain drugs, the question of their future use must be decided with your doctor as soon as possible.
Traditional methods of treatment – Ammonia smell of female
If the cause of the odor is an infectious, inflammatory process in the kidneys and bladder, in addition to the primary treatment you can use the following folk remedies to get rid of this problem:
- A decoction of the leaves of a current is an excellent bactericidal and anti-inflammatory agent of traditional medicine. To cook it you need 1 tbsp. l. Dry leaves of black currant pour 250 ml of boiling water and insist on a water bath for 20 minutes. The resulting broth is necessary to drain and take in the form of heat three times a day for a quarter cup before eating;
- Daily consumption of apple juice not only helps clean the kidneys and liver in a natural way but also enrich the whole body with vitamins and minerals;
- A decoction of the hips is a potent bactericidal and diuretic. To make it, you must take 2 tbsp. l. Dry rose hips and pour 250 ml boiling water, then simmer for 15 minutes. The resulting broth should drain and drink in a warm as 0.5 cups 3 times a day.
Important! Any attempt to resort to self-medication without first consulting a doctor could lead to an aggravation of existing diseases. Your doctor must approve each of the means employed.